October 27, 2020
Wear a bike helmet every time you ride, even if you’re going for a short ride. And follow these rules:
- Make sure your bike helmet fits you well.
- Always wear your helmet the right way so it will protect you: Make sure it covers your forehead and don’t let it tip back. Always fasten the straps.
- Don’t wear a hat under your helmet.
- Take care of your helmet and don’t throw it around. If it’s damaged, it won’t protect you as well when you need it.
- Get a new helmet if you fall while you’re on your bike and hit your head.
- Put reflective stickers on your helmet so drivers can see you better.